Tel: 01852 200208 -
Self Catering in Old Dairy Cottage
Old Dairy Cottage Self Catering for two people. Loch Melfort by Oban
Old Dairy Cottage is situated at the head of Loch Melfort, 15 miles south of Oban. It is a cosy cottage ideal as a romantic getaway for couples. This area of outstanding natural beauty has a rich and varied bird population and teems with wildlife. Seals, otters and porpoise are frequently spotted in the waters of the loch. From the top of the Melfort Hills are some of the most breathtaking views over the Sound of Jura, Firth of Lorn and surrounding islands.
This is an excellent base for walking, birdwatching and water activities; or for touring Scotland’s impressive west coast. There are numerous attractions within easy reach, including the popular holiday resort of Oban with its regular ferry services to the islands of Mull, Iona, Lismore, Staffa, Islay and many others.
Excellent restaurant within walking distance of the cottage, with many more a short drive away.
Self Catering Cottage from £250 - £350 per week, including all electricity, bedlinen and towels.
Short Breaks are available
Activities in the Loch Melfort Area
- Fly fishing in local lochs; permit available from Kilmelford Post Office.
- Horse riding available locally.
- Local bike hire.
- Ideal area for birdwatching, wildlife observation and walking. ( No deer stalking here)
- Wildlife safaris on land and water available.
- Many spectacular gardens within easy reach, including the famous National Trust Gardens at Arduaine and Crarae.
- Day trips by boat to nearby islands,.
- Historic Kilmartin Glen, renowned for its standing stones and prehistoric sites, is just a short drive away.
- Golf courses at Oban, Balvicar and Lochgilphead.
- 25 minute drive into Oban with ferries to Mull, Iona, Staffa, Lismore, Islay, Coll and many other islands.
Please view further information on our Self Catering Accommodation